COCOA BEACH GOES LIVE WITH ONLINE PERMITTING!
Effective June 15, 2020, the Cocoa Beach Development Services Department will begin to accept applications for building permits and business tax receipts, as well as land use/rezoning and planning action applications online at the OpenGov Portal.
Please note that there are many online resources to assist the applicant as they navigate the system. Just look for the “question mark” icon on the page that you are working on. If you continue to have issues submitting your application, you may contact Development Services at 321-868-3298 for assistance.
The Development Services Department serves the City, businesses, and residents by administering city codes and ordinances related to planning, zoning, building, construction, land use, site development, signage, business licensing, and building permitting.
These efforts ensure that all construction and development activity within the City comply with the City’s Comprehensive Plan and adopted development patterns. While also ensuring that all construction meets the rigorous mechanical, engineering, architectural and applicable code construction standards, is compatible with the surrounding area supporting infrastructure, meets all applicable environmental requirements, and that such work is performed by qualified and licensed contractors.
The Development Services Department is comprised of 4 Divisions which provide customer services in the following areas:
- Reviews all building construction plans and permit applications
- Issues all permits for construction, redevelopment and building improvement projects, schedules and performs site inspections to ensure compliance with building codes and site plans.
Planning & Zoning Division
- Provides assistance with interpretation and compliance with the Land Development Code and Comprehensive Plan related to land use regulations, zoning codes, and any site-specific approvals or planned developments.
- Provides support to the City’s Planning Board and Board of Adjustment, which meet on a regular basis.
Business Tax Receipt/Licensing Division
- Administers the business licensing and regulation of certain commercial and home occupations and professions.
- Oversees the issuance and administration for all new business and home occupational tax receipt licenses and annual renewals.
- Oversees all Beach Business and Watercraft licenses