Zero Waste Quick Tips
- Avoid single-use products when possible
- Re-usable items are preferred
- Carry a reusable water bottle
- Leave a few reusable grocery bags in the car
- Pack a few re-usable metal straws in your car and/or bag
On November 17, 2022, the Cocoa Beach City Commission passed Resolution 2022-21 prohibiting the use, sale and distribution of single-use plastic and polystyrene products at special events on public property effective April 22, 2023. Special event applicants will be required to agree to this policy when submitting applications for events occurring on or after April 22, 2023.
For more information on the special events application process, please see the special events page on this website.
The City is continuing work to identify ways to increase our use of re-usable and sustainably alternatives to single-use plastics and styrofoam products. Keep an eye out throughout 2023 as we transition to sustainable food ware at the 19th Hole restaurant located at the Cocoa Beach Country Club.