Florida City Gas (FCG) ProjectThe new pipeline project will begin around February 22, 2016.
Below is important information concerning this project.
• FCG will provide all agencies/cities 2 weeks’ notice on road closures.
• Appropriate detours will be in place.
• FDOT drainage system will be protected.
• Interlocking water filled plastic barricades ("Jersey Walls") will be in place to cover the drilling and the 500' pipe sections.
• All agencies/cities will continue to get updates from FCG. We will post on our website or through CBNN.
• All beachside residents from 520 north and A1A east have been sent a letter from FCG.
• Possible side street excavations – FCG indicates that if utilities are under those paved areas they will need to be located by excavation to determine the depth/exact location prior to directional drilling. This will result in small asphalt patches.
• Mobilization (Mears) will begin mid/late-February starting in Cocoa Beach (Columbia) and heading north, ending in Cape Canaveral.
• Spot work & locates will take place prior to mobilization.
• Because of FDOT lane closure restrictions which allow no lane closures during the day, the work will require 24 hour operational periods – spotting/excavating/welding during the day and drilling at night. The drill rig will require the closure of one lane (easternmost northbound). There will be noise from exhausts, generator, welding & trucks backing up.
• Closures will be two or three streets at a time and will be for no more than 24 hours.
• Anticipated completion is May.
Please sign up for CBNN to make sure you receive timely updates concerning this project.