HURRICANE IRMA UPDATE
Official message from Cocoa Beach Mayor, City Manager, and Fire Chief
1. Bridges are NOT closed. They will not close ,however, when winds exceed 40-45 mph it becomes unsafe.
2. Water will not be turned off. If needed they may isolate the pipes -expect low pressure.
3. FPL will NOT turn off electricity.
4. Stay out of the ocean-NO swimming, surfing, or kayaking.
5. City is aware of the stoplight at Fischer Park is malfunctioning-FDOT has been notified.
6. If a stoplight is malfunctioning treat intersection as a 4-way stop.
7. The City Operations Center (COC) is activated. Officials are in the COC.
Expect tropical winds to begin tomorrow morning around 9:00am.
Hurricane winds around 6:00pm, tomorrow, Sunday through the night until daybreak on Monday morning.
PLEASE STAY OFF THE ROADS!!
Please share this information. Be safe