Brevard County to Host Post Disaster Recovery Program Dec. 13 & 14
Brevard County Housing and Human Services will be hosting a Post Disaster Recovery Program for Brevard County residents seeking assistance from Hurricane Irma damages from 8:30 am to 3:30 pm on Wednesday Dec. 13, and Thursday Dec. 14, at the Viera Regional Park Community Center, 2300 Judge Fran Jamieson Way in Viera.
All applicants are required to bring:
- Affidavit certifying assistance request as a result of Hurricane Irma.
- Bank statements for all household members from the past 60 days.
- Birth certificates for all children listed on the application.
- Social Security cards for all household members
All adult household members must provide:
- A state of Florida Driver’s License or ID.
- Proof of income for the past three months.
Persons seeking mortgage, rental, or deposit assistance must additionally provide a current statement from their mortgage holder, rental company, or landlord detailing the current amount due. Additionally, one of the following is needed: a current yearly lease, HUD form-50059, a rent voucher worksheet from Section 8, or a rent adjustment notice from Public Housing.
All required items are needed to determine eligibility. Preference is for applications to be completed prior to arrival and will only be reviewed in person during event hours and dates. Applications can be picked up at the following Community Action Agency locations:
- North: 611 Singleton Ave, Titusville
- Central: 400 S. Varr Ave, Cocoa
- South: 601 E. University Blvd, Melbourne
Applications can also be picked up at the Housing and Human Services Department, 2725 Judge Fran Jamieson Way B-106, Viera. Residents may request email or mail receipt of an application by calling (321) 633-1951 or (321) 633-2076.
More information can also be found at our website; http://www.brevardfl.gov/HumanServices/Home