Coronavirus COVID-19 Updates
Coronavirus COVID-19 Information
Latest Update: July 20, 2020, 10:17 am
Small Businesses Impacted by COVID-19 Can Apply for Brevard County-issued Personal Protection Equipment (PPE) Kits
Small businesses in Brevard County that employ 25 or fewer workers can apply beginning Monday, July 20, for County-provided Personal Protection Equipment (PPE) kits funded through the federal Coronavirus Air, Relief and Economic Security (CARES Act).
The PPE kit distribution was approved by the Board of County Commissioners to support small businesses with supplies to reopen and sustain operations during the ongoing COVID-19 public health emergency.
PPE kits provided by the County will contain 200 procedure masks, 25 reusable cloth masks, 2 boxes of gloves and 2 bottles of hand sanitizer. Applications are available online beginning Monday at www.brevardfl.gov/BrevardCARES. Distribution of the PPE kits will be held from Monday, Aug. 3, through Friday, Aug. 7, at various locations in the county.
Small businesses eligible for the PPE kits must meet the following criteria:
- Must have 25 or fewer employees
- Must be located in Brevard County
Must operate be within the following industry segments:
- Health Care
- Children services and youth camps
- Museums and historical sites
- Amusement and recreation centers
- Independent restaurants
- Barber Shops, beauty salons, nail salons, and personal care services
Once approved, businesses may choose from the following locations and times to pick up their PPE kit:
- Monday, Aug. 3: Titusville Library, 2121 South Hopkins Ave., Titusville, 11 a.m. to 3 p.m.
- Tuesday, Aug. 4: Central Brevard Library and Reference Center, 308 Forrest Ave., Cocoa, 11 a.m. – 3 p.m.
- Wednesday, Aug. 5: Cocoa Beach Library, 550 North Brevard Ave., Cocoa Beach, 11 a.m. – 3 p.m.
- Thursday, Aug. 6: Melbourne Library. 540 East Fee Ave., Melbourne, 11 a.m. – 3 p.m.
- Friday, Aug. 7: Brevard County’s warehouse, 7740 Technology Drive, West Melbourne, 11 a.m. – 3 p.m.
For more information, call (321) 350-9275.
City Services and Operations
Effective June 1, 2020, in order to REDUCE and PREVENT the spread of the virus, to enter City Hall and other City Facilities, you may NOT enter the building if any of the following applies to you:
- You have had close contact with an individual infected with COVID-19 within the last 14 days
- You are currently experiencing - or in the past 14 days have experienced - fever, cough, shortness of breath.
- You have had close contact within the last 14 days with an individual suspected of being infected with COVID-19 - including individuals exhibiting COVID-19 symptoms
- You have traveled to an area that is under a travel advisory by the US State Department
VISITORS, VENDORS, CONTRACTORS, CITY EMPLOYEES, entering City Facilities please expect:
- To wear a face covering. A disposable facial covering will be provided in the absence of one.
- Temperature check will be conducted.
City Services are available via phone, online, and via e-mail. For in-person services, an appointment is recommended. Contact information for each department can be found on the City Directory.
- STATE OF FLORIDA OFFICE OF THE GOVERNOR EXECUTIVE ORDER NUMBER 20-139 (Phase 2: Safe. Smart. Step-by-Step. Plan for Florida’s Recovery.)
- STATE OF FLORIDA OFFICE OF THE GOVERNOR EXECUTIVE ORDER NUMBER 20-112 (Phase 1: Safe. Smart. Step-by-Step. Plan for Florida’s Recovery)
For more information on Govenor’s Orders please visit the Governor’s Website.
Florida Department of Business and Professional Regulations
- June 26 - 2020 The Florida Department of Business and Professional Regulation announced on Friday, June 26, 2020, that the agency is suspending on-premises consumption of alcohol at bars statewide. The statewide license suspension is effective immediately. Executive Order
A Declaration of Emergency Proclamation was signed March 17th at the Special City Commission Meeting. Please view the Proclamation for more information. You are also able to view all past public meetings online on Granicus.
- Effective July 8, 2020 - Executive Order 4 - Requiring Use of Face Coverings
- Effective July 3, 2020 at 8:00 am until rescinded Order #1 pertaining to restrictions to activities on the beach. Groups no larger than ten (10) individuals at any place on the ocean beaches in the City of Cocoa Beach, with social distancing of no less than 10 feet in all directions between groups. Fine for violation is set to $500 per occurrence.
- For all previous orders please visits the Document Center
For more information please email the City.
Open (or Modified)
- For non-emergency services please call 321-868-3251 for Police Services or Information.
- The public is also encouraged to use the City’s website for general information.
- Services from PD Records and Property/Evidence Divisions will be by appointment only. Call 321-868-3265 or via email.
- Cocoa Beach Skatepark open regular summer hours. Only 10 skaters at one time, must practice social distancing by remaining 6 ft apart. NO BMX Bikes. To remain open, rules must be followed.
- All Public Beach Parking available as of May 8, 2020, for more Information please visit our Parking Page.
- Parks and Playgrounds open starting May 8th. Parks will be sanitized regularly, but we suggest that you bring your own sanitizer.
- Aquatic Center is CLOSED at this time.
- Recreation Center open gym from 9:00 am to 5:00 pm
- Tennis Courts open call for court reservation
- Beach Restrictions 10 individuals per group social distancing of 10 feet in all directions.
- Country Club & Golf Course
- 19th Hole
- face coverings required to enter the restaurant, may be removed upon seating
- Kitchen grilled items available 9:00 am and 4:00 pm
- Beverages and cold items available 10:00 am to 5:00 pm
- Pro Shop
- Five person limit in Pro Shop.
- Face coverings required in Pro Shop.
- One person per cart unless related or living in the same household.
- 19th Hole
Closed, Cancelled, or Postponed
- All City Meetings and sponsored events have been cancelled through April, except April 16, 2020 the City Commission will hold their meeting pursuant to City Charter.
- Fingerprinting services are suspended.
- All Special Events are postponed or cancelled through May 2020.