- City Boards
- Sustainability Committee
- 1st Wednesday of every month
- 6:30 PM
- Cocoa Beach Country Club, 5000 Tom Warriner Blvd, Cocoa Beach, FL 32931
- Adria Perez, Chairman
- Todd Swingle, Vice Chairman
- Robert Day
- Kelly Leineke
- Jim Torpey
Agendas, Minutes and Webcasts
Available on our meeting platform, Agenda and Minutes
The citizens of the City of Cocoa Beach are committed to being responsible for improving the quality of life in the community, by providing stewardship of the City’s environmental resources in a manner that is equitable for all generations.
The City of Cocoa Beach recognizes its sustainability responsibility with the need to address the Environmental Sustainability Policy that includes:
- Conservation - Actively explore, create, and communicate environmentally sound practices that emphasize the environmental management hierarchy of pollution prevention (source reduction), reuse, recycling, treatment, and environmentally safe disposal in order to conserve and protect our region’s natural resources. The conservation principle includes assessing the effect on the environment of City activities, products, and services throughout their life cycles.
- Cooperation - Build partnerships, inside and outside the City, to sustain and enhance our environment.
- Environmental Compliance and Risk Reduction - ensure that technologies, facilities, processes, and operation procedures meet and, when possible, exceed environmental, health, and safety requirements and other requirements that the City has committed to meet.
- Restoration - Promptly and responsibly correct conditions that hinder sustainable environments.
Cocoa Beach Sustainability Plan
You can review our Sustainability Plan.
Watch the Presentation given at the March 15, 2018 Commission Meeting covering the Sustainability Plan.