Small Businesses Impacted by COVID-19 Can Apply for FREE Brevard County-issued Personal Protection Equipment (PPE) Kits
Small businesses in Brevard County that employ 25 or fewer workers can apply beginning Monday, July 20, for County-provided Personal Protection Equipment (PPE) kits funded through the federal Coronavirus Air, Relief and Economic Security (CARES Act).
The PPE kit distribution was approved by the Board of County Commissioners to support small businesses with supplies to reopen and sustain operations during the ongoing COVID-19 public health emergency.
PPE kits provided by the County will contain 200 procedure masks, 25 reusable cloth masks, 2 boxes of gloves and 2 bottles of hand sanitizer. Applications are available online beginning Monday at www.brevardfl.gov/BrevardCARES. Distribution of the PPE kits will be held from Monday, Aug. 3, through Friday, Aug. 7, at various locations in the county.
Small businesses eligible for the PPE kits must meet the following criteria:
Must operate be within the following industry segments:
- Must have 25 or fewer employees
- Must be located in Brevard County
Once approved, businesses may choose from the following locations and times to pick up their PPE kit:
- Health Care
- Children services and youth camps
- Museums and historical sites
- Amusement and recreation centers
- Independent restaurants
- Barber Shops, beauty salons, nail salons, and personal care services
- Monday, Aug. 3: Titusville Library, 2121 South Hopkins Ave., Titusville, 11 a.m. to 3 p.m.
- Tuesday, Aug. 4: Central Brevard Library and Reference Center, 308 Forrest Ave., Cocoa, 11 a.m. – 3 p.m.
- Wednesday, Aug. 5: Cocoa Beach Library, 550 North Brevard Ave., Cocoa Beach, 11 a.m. – 3 p.m.
- Thursday, Aug. 6: Melbourne Library. 540 East Fee Ave., Melbourne, 11 a.m. – 3 p.m.
- Friday, Aug. 7: Brevard County’s warehouse, 7740 Technology Drive, West Melbourne, 11 a.m. – 3 p.m.
For more information, call (321) 350-9275.