Tropical Storm Isaias Update-
The current forecast has it remaining a tropical storm when it enters our local area. The following is this morning’s storm information .
¨ Stay off the beach. Rip currents will be strong through mid-week.
¨ Stay off the roads. There may be downed power lines and tree limbs during the event.
* Tropical Storm Isaias is expected to make landfall around 1:00 pm-2:00 pm. today, Sunday, August 2, 2020. The heaviest rain fall and wind speeds will occur between 7:00 pm– 11:00 pm.
* Sustained winds 45-55 mph– gusts up to 70 mph
* 1-2 foot storm surge
* 3-4 “ of rain
* Tracking along the coast.
* Public safety (Fire and Police) response will be limited when winds are above 35 mph.
* SCAT (Space Coast Area Transit) is running their normal Sunday route schedule today.
* Brevard County will open a general shelter (all welcome, pets, special needs) at 11:00 am. Normal shelter rules in effect. The shelter is located at: Viera Community Center
2300 Judge Fran Jamieson Way
Viera. If need transportation assistance please call 211.
Be safe and stay prepared!