Launch Day Traffic Alert for Artemis I, Aug. 29, 2022
CAPE CANAVERAL SPACE FORCE STATION, FLORIDA – The Space Coast is anticipating between 100,000-200,000 people to visit Brevard County for the Artemis I launch on August 29, 2022, with a 2-hour launch window opening at 08:33 AM EDT.
Important Notes for Cocoa Beach Residents and Visitors:
- State Road A1A (Cocoa Beach) - NO LEFT TURN from northbound A1A to State Road 520 westbound.
- Motorists on A1A will proceed northbound to SR 528 or U-turn at George King.
- Southbound should proceed to SR 404 Pineda Causeway to US Highway 1 or I-95.
The following traffic tips are courtesy of https://www.visitspacecoast.com/launch-resources
- If you live or work in the north, central, and beachside areas, plan accordingly and stay off the roadways if possible to avoid traffic congestion.
- If you must travel along these corridors, please plan for extra commute time to work and school.
- Consider running errands over the weekend before the launch to avoid traffic.
- ALWAYS watch for and yield to pedestrians/bicyclists crossing. There will be heavy foot traffic especially along our beaches.
- Obey ALL traffic laws. Do not run red lights, speed, or drive distracted.
- Once the launch is completed traffic will be funneled from East on SR 528 to A1A South and then to SR 520.