Saturday September 3rd, 2022 Launch Date!
NASA will target Saturday, Sept. 3 at 2:17 p.m. EDT, the beginning of a two-hour window, for the launch of
Artemis I, the first integrated test of NASA’s Orion spacecraft, Space Launch System (SLS) rocket, and the ground systems at the agency’s Kennedy Space Center in Florida.
Traffic patterns at this time are the same as before. If at anytime the traffic patterns change additional information will be sent out.
TRAFFIC ALERT: NASA Launch
Saturday, September 03, 2022 NASA is set to Launch Artemis 1 mission. Launch Window opens at 2:17 pm and is 2 hour. The Brevard EOC predicts that 100,000 to 200,000 visitors will come to see this launch.
What Cocoa Beach residents need to know in order to be prepared?
• Liftoff is from Pad 39B at the Kennedy Space Center.
• Jetty Park will remain open until it reaches capacity.
• Cocoa Beach Police Department will be monitoring traffic signals and flows of traffic.
• There will be 4 (four) Cruise Ships in Port on Launch Day.
Changes in Traffic Patterns:
• Once the launch is completed traffic will be funneled from East on SR 528 to A1A South and then to SR 520.
• NO LEFT HAND TURN from A1A Northbound onto SR 520 Westbound
• NO U-TURNS ON SR 528 or GEORGE KING BLVD
• Southbound should proceed to SR 404 (Pineda Causeway) to US-1 or I-95
Residents should plan accordingly and stay off the roadways if possible to avoid being stuck in this congestion.