Brevard County Oversight Committee
APPLICATIONS OPEN FOR SAVE OUR INDIAN RIVER LAGOON CITIZEN OVERSIGHT COMMITTEE
MELBOURNE, FL - The Board of County Commissioners and League of Cities seeks qualified applicants for volunteer appointments to represent Finance, Tourism, Real Estate, and Technology expertise on the Save Our Indian River Lagoon Citizen Oversight Committee. The Save Our Indian River Lagoon Citizen Oversight Committee is a 14-member committee composed of citizen volunteers with diverse skills who make recommendations to the Board of County Commissioners for annual updates to the Save Our Lagoon Project Plan. The Committee also provides public oversight and a transparent process that not only allows, but fosters, development and implementation of better, less costly, and/or timelier tools and techniques for restoration of the Indian River Lagoon. The Committee meets on the third Friday of the month from 8:30 a.m. to 11:30 a.m. Terms of service are two years with a term limit of 8 years.
Applicants must commit to serving the public interest by:
- Demonstrating expertise and experience in the finance, tourism, real estate, or technology field.
- Providing stewardship of Lagoon Trust Funds.
- Having knowledge of the water quality issues and major sources of pollution affecting the lagoon.
- Participating in monthly meetings
- Reviewing project proposals for reducing pollutants and improving water quality.
- Assessing project cost-effectiveness.
- Hearing questions, concerns, and ideas from the public to improve the plan.
Applications may be submitted online at https://bit.ly/SOIRLCOC by 11:59 p.m., November 28, 2022. For questions contact Jaculin Watkins at email@example.com.