COMMITTEE MEMBERS REQUESTED
The City of Cocoa Beach is soliciting Committee Member applications for the newly-created Sustainability Committee.
The application can be found on the City’s website at http://www.cityofcocoabeach.com/290/City-Boards-Special-Magistrate.
The deadline to submit applications is September 12, 2016.
In July 2016, the City Commission adopted Resolution No. 2016-21 creating a Sustainability Committee.
- recommend programs, policies and undertake actions to make Cocoa Beach a sustainable City.
- assist in the creation, implementation and reporting on the Cocoa Beach Environmental-Sustainability Plan.
- consist of five (5) members appointed by the City Commission.
- Members should represent a diverse range of interests, experiences and are selected from, but are not limited to, the list noted below.:
(1) Educational Institutions
(2) Not-for-profit service organizations with proven relationship to the natural environment
(3) Science-based, environmental groups,
(4) Individuals/Organizations with proven interest in sustainable business practices
(5) Individuals/Organizations with proven interest in eco-tourism
(6) Sustainability experts – environment and energy efficiency Government entities