Attention Reclaimed Water Customers
Please take the time to read the following important message regarding your reclaimed water service.
What is reclaimed water?
Reclaimed water is domestic wastewater which has been treated and disinfected to a high degree such that it can be safely used to irrigate golf courses and residential lawns. Reclaimed water must meet strict water quality requirements established by the Florida Department of Environmental Protection. Although reclaimed water meets most of the drinking water standards and is safe for human contact, it is not intended for use as drinking water.
Why use reclaimed water?
Using reclaimed water conserves drinking water supplies and reduces discharges of domestic wastewater to surface waters.
What can you do with reclaimed water?
- Irrigate your lawn.
- Irrigate flower gardens.
- Irrigate trees and shrubs.
What can’t you do with reclaimed water?
- DO NOT DRINK reclaimed water.
- Do not connect any pipes to your reclaimed water pipes.
- Do not use reclaimed water to fill swimming pools, hot tubs, or wading pools.
- Do not use reclaimed water to irrigate edible crops (i.e., vegetables or fruits)
Improper use of reclaimed water will result in termination of your service and/or other penalties.